05/11/2019

Three Transitional Lipsticks

Red Lipsticks
I´ve been stuck on my nude tones from the summer time for a very long time now, but as the last warmer days and even Halloween did pass now, I guess it´s time to atleast update my lipstick choices to some darker earth tones. I guess the typical autumn lipstick shade is still a berry tone, but to be honest I´m not really feeling it anymore, I definitely prefer a nice settled brown tone or a red is also totally fine. That´s what my choice are inspired by, and I think some of you might like these shades aswell:

Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Always Red

Let´s start with the brightest lipstick choice. It´s my very first liquid lipstick from Sephora and I´m loving it! It´s highly pigmented, feels very comfortable on my lips and the colour is pretty much the same as it looks in the tube - a nice bright red. It slides on really easily and stays in place so well, like I went out clubbing with it and it nearly didn´t budge at all. Even with being quite pale during the winter months, this shade still suits me quite well and isn´t too much or makes me look even more pale. What I also find really good and important is that it´s really moisturizing and the first layer of it is thick enough to cover dry lips, but it doesn´t feel to heavy on your lips, actually you barely notice having anything on.
Swatches

Sephora #LIPSTORIES in Labyrinth City

When I first opened this lipstick I was a bit suprised by how deep red it looks, it even put me off a bit first cause I thought it didn´t suit me, but when I swatched it I completely changed my mind. It´s a stunning purple-y brown shade that can even be worn everyday. For a lipstick it´s unbelievably high pigmented, very creamy and dries to nice matte finish. Again this is also my first lipstick from Sephora and honestly I´m so pleased by the quality of both of these lip products. When it´s dried down to it´s matte finish, it doesn´t make your lips look nor feel dried out but rather very moisturized,. I do have to say, the packaging isn´t the most luxury one, but still quite cute. All in one it´s a big hit for me.

Illamasqua Lava Lipstick in Vixen

The most natural red lipstick is definitely this one. As you can see its very unique and beautiful design has different shades of red in it, so after applying the lipstick it gives you a nice light red/rose semi-matte finish. I do have to say though, it does need a few more layers to get a strong pigmentation and the lipstick itself feels a bit heavier than the other lip products. I still really enjoy using it, cause it´s just a gorgeous shade and it stays on pretty well, and only for the design it´s something nice to have in your makeup bag. I´ve also used this on Halloween on my eyes, so if you ever need a base for a more red-toned eyeshadow look, this is the one for you, haha.

What is your favourite lipstick shade for Autumn and Winter?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig