07/11/2019

Creating Your Media Kit || Where To & What Should Be Included

Ever since I started updating my blog more frequently, more and more amazing opportunities started landing in my inbox. That´s when I thought it was the right time to also start reaching out to brands I´d love to work with. Of course from my side it was important that the brands I worked with had products to offer that I´m hopefully going to enjoy using, from the brands side it´s important how many people they´ll reach while presenting their products through me.
To bundle all these important informations it´s really helpful to have a media kit to send with your email. I have to say, ever since I started sending my media kit out - the responses to my mails have been positive way more often!

Well at first creating a Media Kit sounded pretty much overwhelming to me, as I didn´t have clue how it´s supposed to look and what information is really important.
So, to make it easier for you I wrote down some tips:

Designing Your Media Kit

The easiest and free platform to creat your Media Kit is Canva!

You can basically create anything on this website - for the Media Kit though I´ve chosen the A4 Document. The next thing is choosing a Template, looking through it now it has taken me ages to find a template that looks very similar to mine, so as a little hint for you I searched for "Interview" and the fourth light blue one is really similar to the design I used for my Media Kit.
From here on it´s just really being creative and trying different things out.
I find it very pleasing to use the main colours from my blog, which are light pink, white and dark grey. As you can see I kept the whole design really simple with the background being white, the font is dark grey and column on the left side is light pink. If your Blog is on Blogger you can see in the Design section, which colour codes are used on your blog design, so that you can use these exact tones again.
Of course you can use as many pages as you´d like, but you´ve still got to use the space wisely. It should be easy to read, not overloaded and just give the brands a short overlook over your blog stats. Add a little personality by including a picture of yourself and one or two of your favourite pictures you´ve taken to show your photography style. What I also liked to do is add a little description of myself under my picture. Personally it´s always so much nicer to know a bit about your "business partner" and well it might give you some sympathy points, haha.
Just be creative and play around with different designs.

What Information Should Be Included?

Now that your Media Kit is all pretty, it´s time for business, haha.
I´ve got different "categories" of stats that I want to present to brands, such as Blog Stats, my Social Medias and the brands I´ve worked with before.
My Blog Stats are on the very top as they´re obviously by far the most important numbers. There are a few informations that should definitely be included, such as Unique Visitors, Page Views and 
Average Comments Count per Post and Where your Readers Are From, these are the ones I have on my Media Kit but you can also include stats about the average age of your readers or if there are more females or males for example, it all depends on the brands you want to work with and the content you produce. It´s just so important that you please use all these numbers from Google Analytics and not from Blogger itself. I have to be honest I can´t tell you the reason why Blogger shows you different numbers than Google, but those from Google are (sadly) the real ones haha.

Following are my Social Media Followers, please just include every social media channel where you are present or have a presentable follower count, haha. I have for example every channel included besides Facebook, as I basically only have 4 followers there, so nothing to show.
You can find these little social media icons simply through Google, I think I got mine from there, but normally they should be easy to find.

On my Media Kit, the last category is Brands I´ve Previously Worked With. Let´s be honest we´re all proud of previous collaborations so why don´t "show it off"? I also have a category on my blog where you can see my collaborations, I think that way other brands can also see how I a possible collab can look like and what ideas I´ve had to display different products.

Now it really depends how far you´ve taken your Blog yet, but one more possible point you can include in your Media Kit are your Prices. I guess it´s by far easier to just show which price ranges you have in mind instead of waiting for the brands to make the first move or not knowing how to tell them what price you have in mind. That way they know right away if they are willing to pay that amount for your work, before you write lots of emails back and forth only to get nothing in the end.

So that´s how I´ve created my Media Kit!
I try to update it in the beginning of each month, so that it´s ready to be sent out right away with the newest stats.
If you have any further questions I´m very happy if I can help you! Xx

BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FACEBOOK
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig