31/10/2019

Review // Dior Diorshow Mascara

Mascara is definitely a beauty product I love to experiment with and try different ones out.
I mentioned it a lot of times before but I love a dramatic "false lashes"-finish, so a good mixture between length and volume but a bit more volume. Some of you might´ve read my post "The False Lashes Look" where I´ve mentioned how much I love the Dior Diorshow Pump´n´Volume Mascara - well I wanted to repurchase it but accidentally got this Dior Diorshow Mascara.

Well that´s definitely a different way to try out new products, haha. Luckily I´m not dissapointed in my wrong order at all, this mascara is just as lovely as the other one but more for the natual look!

Consistency

The first thing I´ve noticed when opening the tube is the heavy perfume scent this mascara has. It smells really good and flowery but I could imagine that it is a problem for girls with sensitive eyes. For me it´s totally fine though and so it kinda shows what a luxury product it is, I don´t know but it kinda gives me the feeling of luxury cause I never had a makeup product that smelled that good!
The consistency itself is really nice to apply, it´s not as sticky and wet as the cheaper mascaras so you get a voluminous look right from the start. It´s really the perfect mascara for everyday as after the first layer you get a really natural look with a bit of volume and nicely separated lashes and with the second layer it gets a bit more dramatic without looking too much!
Once the mascara is dried down it doesn´t budge or crumble, I find it´s the worst thing ever when you have black spots or smudges under your eyes, which happens normally quite often as I´m someone who gets watery eyes really fast when I´m laughing for example. As it holds onto your lashes that well, it takes a bit longer to remove it aswell. I use a oil-infused micellar water and wet my lashes with it a bit before rubbing the cotton pad all over to get it off and even then I need a bit patience haha. My lashes still feel very soft though when wearing the mascara so it´s all good and comfortable.

The Brush

I love these kind of mascara brushes. They just give you the perfect amount of volume and length and still separates your lashes. With that kind it´s also really easy to built the effect and amount on your lahses. The mascara itself doesn´t stick or gets clumpy on this brush aswell which I find is also really important when applying it to your bottom lashes - nothing is worse than wet clumpy bottom lashes.

The Finish

On the picture below you can see what the finish looks like after two layers - layers as in applying mascara once waiting a bit for it to dry and then apply another layer. For my liking one layer is "too natural" I´m more the type to put the main focus on my eyes and that´s definitely possible with this mascara. As you can see pretty well here aswell is that with the brush my lashes are beautifully separated but not too much "spider lashes", they still cling together at the roots which gives you an effect of a bit extra volume without looking clumpy.


So even though I bought this mascara more or less by accident, I really enjoy using it!
It´s something you can treat yourself to, if you are someone who likes a bit of luxury in your daily makeup routine. I love the finish, the feeling while wearing it - like it not drying my eyes or making them itchy - and of course that it´s smells so good like a flowery feminine perfume!

BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FACEBOOK
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig