30/03/2016

What´s On My Face: March 2016

flatlay, loose powder, makeup sponge, monthly makeup, beauty, makeup, german makeup, american beauty, blending, baking
flatlay, close up, porefessional primer, makeup brush, bb cream,
Another month is over, so it´s again time to show you what I´ve been wearing around on my face throughout the month of march.
If you have seen the other two monthly makeup posts you might have noticed that my bases get lighter and lighter with a lot less coverage. I like to keep my looks very simple as I only mainly go to school and therefor don´t really need to pack on a full makeup look.
I would describe this month´s look as minimalistic, light and glowy.

For the base, I have stuck to my absolute favourite primer so far, the Benefit Porefessional Primer (30€), I have quite large porse around my nose and after I put this on and a foundation they literally are invisible. I seriously can´t believe how I kept it in my stash for so long before and haven´t used it earlier. The texture is hard to describe, like it´s like a cream but a bit oilier and it feels really good on the skin and also really sticks to your skin. I´ll be very sad once I run out of this.
Over the primer I have absolutely loved to apply the The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream in the Shade 1 (14€), it gives the glowiest finish, is really lightweight and soo lovely to blend in. At the beginning the bb cream is white and really liquidy so you´d have to be careful when you get it out of the tube as it literally flows out itself. However I like to put a small dab on my forehead, on each cheek, on my chin and on my nose and then blend it in with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (6€). I use the sponge damp and the just blend it in until it´s streakless, after the bb cream has dried it gives a light but still enough coverage to cover any redness.
To cover my under eye area a bit more than the rest of my face I apply the Maybelline The Eraser Concealer in Light (13€) in a triangle shape and also blend it in with the pointed tip of my RT sponge. It gives just the right amount of coverage without looking to cakey.
To set my concealer I recently tried out to bake it, the loose powder I have chosen to do it with is the NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder (11€), I like to shake a bit of it out into the lid and then press it on my under eye area with my Real Techniques Contour Brush (20€ in the core collection). I leave it on there until I´m done with the rest of my makeup and then swipe it off with the same brush, I don´t really see a difference beside that that area feels very soft and silky. It doesn´t make my concealer stay a lot longer than when I would use my MAC MSF pressed powder.
flatlay, close up, beauty, makeup, loose powder, baking, brow pen, makeup sponge, blending,
close up, flatlay, makeup beauty, astor, lip, lip cream, loved up, canon 50mm, german makeup, german beauty,
Now that my base is all done, I switch over to the brows and to my very loved NYX MicroBrow Pencil in Taupe (9€), I think I´ve been using it for a good month now and I´m not thinking off switching to an other brow pencil any time soon. The texture is really waxy and easy to apply. I feel like this shade had a bit of an auburn/red hint to it so I mostly use it on my tail and don´t go fully into the front with it.
Then for mascara I switched over to an old favourite of mine that I have been using about a year ago when my little makeup collection only consisted of one mascara tube, some powder and an eyeliner (from there it went downhill for my bank balance).
The mascara I´m talking here about is the Astor Big & Beautiful Style Muse Mascara (8€), it´s really good at giving loads of volume, and after curling my lashes on each eye for a good minute they also stay curled. Sadly it doesn´t add any length, but sometimes I like to go over my lashes with one coat of the Benefit Rollerlash.
For lips the only thing I´ve been applying really is the Astor Soft Sensation Lip Color Butter in 002 Loved Up (7€), I really love the texture of it, it´s really soft, tastes like vanilla and makes my lip very hydrated and buttery soft.

What have you been using and loving throughout March?

BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig