16/03/2016

Spending Ban Update #1

Spending Ban Update 1
About 2 weeks ago I decided to go on a spending ban.
In the first week it worked so well, I had to go to the drugstore quite often with my mum but just for little things. I have to admit it was really hard to walk past the makeup shelves and not even have a look at them, if I would have stopped and looked through one of them I´m 100% sure that I would have gotten weak and got something, even if it would be only a nail polish or a lipliner.
The same week I also went to Munich for some shopping, and right before that Benefit launched their Hoola Dew, which I really wanted to try out, so I think you can imagine how hard it was for me to walk straight past the Benefit counter without even looking if they already had the Hoola Dew in store.
Let´s just say I had a hard start, but it also made me feel proud that I could walk past all that makeup stuff without even thinking about getting something.

As you can see on the pictures, I did get weak in the 2nd week. 
A bit dissapointed with myself here, but I try to stay positive and think that I atleast haven´t bought as much stuff as normally.
I got the P2 chubby lipstick, which was about 3,50€ before I went out with friends that night and I wanted a dark nude matt lipstick for quite a while now, I finally found one that is also okay to wear on a daily basis so atleast I didn´t buy it for one use only. 
The rest, the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponges, the NYX HD loose powder and the Zoeva Luxe Fan Brush, is something completely different though. I still had a voucher for a german drugstore and I have been waiting for the RT Sponges to be available here in Germany since Christmas, and while I was just browsing through the online shop of this drugstore I saw that they finally had them back in stock, so I kinda had no other choice but to get them. They were only 10€ both, and the voucher was 25€ worth, that day you would get free delivery when you spend 25€ so I was just adding the powder and the brush to my cart. I also found a 10% discount code online and after typing that one in aswell I only had to pay a total of 3€ for 3 amazing products. If that´s not a good deal which I also shouldn´t feel quilty about than I don´t know. 
Spending Ban Update 2
Back then one of my motivations though, was to reduce my daily usage of makeup, which definitely worked. For the last two weeks all I have been applying makeup wise was concealer only under my eyes, powder to set concealer, some mascara and I filled in my brows. That´s it.
My skin has definitely improved a lot from that, almost all my huger pimples are gone, there are only a few small ones left but I think that´s normal in my teenage years. 
I continued with my normal skincare routine and have been feeling a lot more confident in myself ever since, even though my skin is definitely not as flawless looking as when I´m wearing foundation.
From the examples above I can also say that I did save a lot of money, just like I hoped it would be, haha.
All in one I can say that I´m really proud of myself so far and hope that it will keep on going that good until we reach the 7th April.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig