17/01/2016

Lazy Girl Essentials

I´m lazy. That´s just how it is and I really do not have a problem with that fact about me. I like to keep things really simple and doable without much effort sometimes. I still get my stuff done in time and completely fine so why change that? Haha :)
Even though I do like to spend a good hour while applying my makeup for the day/night, there are some days where I would rather use my time with spending some extra minutes in bed, and only want to use those things that don´t need a lot of extra steps but still look good!

Tinted Lip Balms instead of Lipstick:
Tinted lip balms just seem like they were invented for girls like me. There are severals on the market, from many different colours to different price ranges. I have two options, one the Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Woppin´ Watermelon (20€), they are super nourishing, have a sheer coverage and is loaded with mango and shea butter. They leave your lips extremely soft and give them a hint of tint, the one that I have gives a lovely light pink shade.
The budget-friendly option are the Maybelline Baby Lips (6€?). I have two of these, Cherry Me which has the most amazing cherry flavour and gives a subtle red tint to your lips and Pink Punch, also a really fruity flavour and gives a stronger pink shade. Both are really moisturizing and last for a really long time.

Cream Eyeshadow instead of Powder Eyeshadows:
The thing with cream eyeshadows is that even without using eyeshadow primer before, they last a long time on my oily eyelids without creasing away. Powder eyeshadows however are harder to apply and need primer before. The best ones so far have to be the Maybelline Colour Tattoos (8€), they are available in different textures (gel, leather, metalic) and also in sooo many different shades. My favourite has to be "On and On Bronze", I only apply that, blend it out and I´m good to go! 

Matte Setting Spray instead of Powder:
Even though the love for my MAC MSF Powder is huge, I do like to keep it in it´s drawer and only use the NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray (10€)! I swear by that stuff, I spray it onto my face, let it dry and I´ve got a lovely matte finish that keeps my makeup in place for a very long time. The finish is also really natural as there is no way you can see that spray, not like with the powder where it can be visible on dry patches. Try it out if you haven´t already, you´ll 100000% love it!

Brow Pencil instead of Brow Powder:
The best decision I´ve done so far was to get the NYX Micro Brow Pencil (9€)! I´m not the best at getting my brows in a perfect shape, but this pencil has improved my brow game a lot! I got it in the shade "Taupe" which matches perfectly with my dark blonde/light brown hair, the texture is kinda waxy so you don´t even need to use a gel afterwards. It´s  really handy as you´ve got two ends, on one end you´ve got the product which is really easy to work with, and on the other you´ve got a spooly brush to brush through your brows before and afterwards to get them nice and defined!

Curling Mascara instead of Eyelash Curlers:
Using an eyelash curlers is definitely not a favourite thing of mine to do. I find that I never really can get them how I want my lashes to be curled and since the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (25€) launched I don´t have to worry about that anymore. It is pricy, but so worth it. It gives my lashes a lovely length and curls them right away, that saves the extra step of curling them beforehand. A mixture of the Maybelline Lash Sensational and the The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara are definitely two dupes for that mascara, but I do like to treat myself every now and then :)

Dry Shampoo instead of washing your hair every 2-3 days:
Washing hair is the thing where my laziness comes out, haha! I absolutely hate it, of course the feeling of freshly washed hair is one of the best ever but the way to have them is really long if you have long and thick hair like me. So I like to drag that day of having to wash my hair out for another day. The dry shampoo that I swear by is the Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo (6€?) it´s the best one so far, as it says it gives amazing volume and makes my hair look fresh for another day! The way I like to do it is to spray it in right before I go to sleep, work it in with my hands a bit and let it sink in the whole night :)

What are your "lazy girl essentials"?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. My lazy girl essential is actually a pack of curlers. I refuse to wake up early enough to curl my hair with an iron so I sleep in curlers instead and wake up with perfect hair. Gives me an extra bit of sleep, which is the end game for every lazy girl out there! I do tend to use brow pencils over powders and pomades for the same reason you do. Great list!

    Tazhiana
    tazhiluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, curling your hair can take ages! That´s definitely a good way to shorten the progress, haha :)
      I really want to try pomades next as a lot seem to do great with it! x

      Delete
  2. I also love tinted lip balms! Baby Lips Cherry Me might be my favorite, but for more color I like the Chubby Stick intense shades. I'm so lazy that I wash and straighten my hair at night so I don't have to wake up early haha

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherry Me definitely has the best taste under all of them :)
      That´s a great way, I wash my hair in the evening and go to sleep with damp hair haha :) x

      Delete
  3. I'm desperate to try Benefit Roller Lash - I purchased it the other day and I'm waiting for it to arrive! Baby Lips is also a favourite of mine too :)
    - Ambar x
    Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you´ll like it then, I really do :) x

      Delete
  4. tinted lip balms are essential for lazy people like me as they hydrate as well as adding a colour to your lips!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It so good that there are also soo many different tinted lip balms to try out :) x

      Delete
  5. I am a big fan of time savers such as Dry Shampoo and have actually found my hair has improved since I stopped washing it so frequently & opted for a spritz of this instead!

    Emma | HarmonyBlaze.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is a great way to improve the health of your hair as it also doesn´t damage it as much as also styling it after washing it :) x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig