05/01/2017

6 Office Approved Lipsticks

7 Lipsticks Approved For The Office
I guess there is no point in denying that my holidays are ending on monday and I have to go back to work, like a lot of you probably.
That´s it with sleeping in until atleast 10am everday, having a nap after lunch, chilling the whole day in bed and watching TV until the late morning hours, ugh it was too good to last longer.


Instead of mourning about my ending freedom I searched for ways too get excited about it. One is definitely having a reason to doll myself up in the morning again. When I have time off all I do is brows and mascara, that´s it. Getting back to work means I can finally go for a full face again, and one necessity for that is lipstick!
There´s a small way between colours that are good to wear for meeting and one that are just too much, I picked some that are both nude and a bit more colourful...

KIKO Intensely Lavish Lipstick in 01 Lusty Peony

I was thinking whether I should really include this lipstick in this post as it is a Limited Edition Lipstick, but I´m more than sure KIKO offers similar ones.
This shade is a darker nude that tends to be dark pink or even a bit brown/red.
The texture of it is absolutely loveyl, really creamy and comfortable to wear, highly pigmented and stays on for a long time. Sadly it´s not waterproof so you definitely would have to re-apply it after your first cup of coffee or tea :)

MAC Satin Finish in Angel

My first ever MAC Lipstick is just the perfect everyday nude shade.
It compliments my pale skintone very well, especially if you have enough time and motivation in the morning to go for a stronger eyemakeup. Just like most MAC lipsticks they are extremely comfortable and creamy, the satin finish of this one is absolute beaut!  One thing that I also adore about nude lipsticks that even if they wear off, it´s not that visible so you don´t need to worry about it :)
A hint of shine creates a fresh and put-together look.

MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lipstick in 745 Burnt Caramel

Another darker nude/brown shade that not only looks incredible but also smells amazing!
Let´s start with the look of it though, haha. A beautiful slight shiny nude brown shade, that again sits very comfortable on your lips. The pigmentation is for a drugstore lipstick really good, just like the packaging, a really simple golden packaging that looks more luxurious than it really is, haha. The staying power is a bit better than the other lipsticks but it does need a retouch soon. Now to the smell, it literally smells like cake, if you have a chance to take a sniff, please do and let me know if I´m not the only one who thinks so haha.

(top to bottom: KIKO, MAC, MaxFactor, Catrice, NYX)

Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in 020 Maroon

Now we come to the last dark nude shade (I actually didn´t plan on including that many dark ones, haha). So this dark nude tone has a red-y undertone and compliments a pale skin really well. It has a more matte finish than the other ones but it doesn´t make your lips feel dry, that definitely positive to point out. It is one of the lipsticks that dissapears quite fast, unfortunately, but since it´s more one the cheaper side I can overlook that fact.

NYX Soft Matte LipCream in Tokyo & San Paulo

Now that I went through all shiny nudes Lipsticks, I come to the colourful, matte liquid lipsticks. Two under all the NYX Soft Matte Lipcreams I own, are just perfect to wear something different to the office. First, the shade Tokyo, a really pale pink shade that I would definitely not describe as a typical nude shade but as the younger sister of a typical nude shade, brighter and pinker. Secondly, the shade San Paulo, a bright berry shade with a red undertone. It might look like a vibrant shade but it adapts perfectly to a natural makeup look and adds that fresh pep to it.

What do you like to wear on your lips to the office?


Don´t forget to follow me on: BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig