03/01/2018

Makeup Favourites of 2017

Another year is over, unbelievable how fast it has gone by, thinking back about it now.
With Sephora launching in Germany, I have made quite some new beauty discoveries, but as my favourites of this year I mostly count products that have actually been in my makeup drawer for a longer time, so you could say old but gold?
Okay, let´s stop with the bad jokes and get to the important things...

Most of the year I sticked to my beloved Benefit Porefessional Primer, it´s the best at hiding pores, giving me hydration and keeping my foundation in place. It´s kept a permanent place in my daily makeup routine until October when I discovered the NYX Angel Veil Primer. This one is a whole lot lighter, really creamy and fresh, does just as a good job at blurring my pores but just gives my whole complexion a more glowy look.

During the summer months, when I was more tan, I decided to finally switch my foundation up. My first thought was the L´Oreal Glam Beige Cushion Foundation. I really liked the Nude Magique version, and this is basically the same just with darker shades. It gave me a lovely glowy look, and really lightweight, so perfect for the hotter weather. During the rest of the year I went for the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, which personally suprised me, as I didn´t like this one at all when I first got it. I think my skin has changed a bit to the more drier side, and so this one helps to cover most blemishes, while still looking natural matte.

I´m really lazy when it comes to powdering throughout the day, so I prefer powders that keep me matte the whole time after the first application. A favourite since a really long time has been the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. A drugstore products that does it´s job a lot better than many high end powders I´ve tried before. It keeps me matte, without making my foundation turn cakey. A really new discovery was the Bellapierre Loose Banana Powder, it´s absolutely lovely! I get a really natural, light look, even though I always thought banana powder wouldn´t look like that at all on my pale skin!

The Urban Decay Primer Potion has been quite long in my makeup collection, not because I barely use it but because you just need the tiniest amount to keep your eyeshadow in place and even intensify it´s colour. For someone with hooded and oily eyelids it´s totally worth getting. For the quite area under my eyes I´ve been using the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer for the longest time! For a drugstore concealer, it has a really good coverage, doesn´t crease at all, and also doesn´t dry my skin out, so perfect.

I´ve been loving the L´Oreal Telescopic Mascara and the Smashbox BrowTech On the Go Pencil, that much that I´ve been rebuying both for the second time now! The mascara has a really wet formula with a really thin wand, and so gives me breath-taking long seperated lashes. The Brow Pencil gives me perfect sharp brows in an instant. It´s really nice pigmentated, a bit waxy and has a setting gel on the other side, so everything you need for perfect brows in one product.

This year I finally got to try my first Too Faced product, which was the Better Than Sex Mascara. I had high hopes and it´s actually as lovely as I was expecting it to be. Even though I didn´t achieve as long lashes, but I got lots of volume. I discovered my favourite eyeliner in the middle of december, but it´s soo good that I´m sure I´ll never use an other eyeliner ever again! The one I´m talking about is the Ciaté Fierce Flicks Eyeliner. I was the worst at mastering my cat flicks, but this liner helped me so much. It´s basically a really thin stiff pencil with a strongly pigmented long lasting formula. I just love it!

These products haven´t been used daily, but when I did have the time (cause I got up in time) to apply them, I really enjoyed the finishes they gave me.
The Nars Laguna Bronzer, is a lovely bronzer with a slight orange undertone. It has literally been my lifesaver, for both when I had a tan and while I´m pale, as it adds that warmth to my face.
For adding a glow to my cheekbones, but also as a gorgeous eyeshadow I reached for the BECCA Opal Highlighter. It´s a really glittery champagne-y highlighter, that is amazingly pigmented and really easy to blend in.
Sometimes I just have a bit too much foundation and powder on, and to safe the look without having to remove everything again, I simply put some spritz of the NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray on. I immediatly got a even, soft and natural look and it really set my makeup for the whole day.

What are your favourite makeup and beauty picks of 2017?

BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig