17/01/2018

Daily Powder Exfoliators

I´ve been really struggling with quite dry patchy skin lately, which as you can probably imagine, doesn´t really look good underneath foundation.
In order to get rid of these dry skin flakes, make my skin more even and also hydrating it at the same time, I´ve been reaching to gentle everyday powder exfoliators.
I´ve only discovered these kind of products about a year ago, and was curious how they work for me, and I have to say they have changed my whole complexion to the better.

Short introduction how to use these kind of products, you simply put a tablespoon amount of the powder in your already wet hand, add a tiny bit of water on top of the powder, enough that the powder transforms into a like creamy thing. Then you simply rub it into your skin for like a minute, leave it on for another 1-2 minutes and then wash it off, and you´re left with really clean, soft skin.

I´ve found two exfoliators that work really well for me, one is a bit more gentle and the other one is when my skin is really dry, so I switch between them, depending on the state of my skin...

Getraud Gruber Enzym Peeling Powder*

This product is from a german company that actually produces in a city really close to me, which is really cool, and so I´m even more happier that I love this product so much that I´ll definitely support this company in the future. 
Coming to the texture of this product, when I put this powder into my hand, it feels really soft, almost like baby powder, and the powder particles are really fine and kinda sticky, especially after adding water to it. It then transforms into a foam texture, which also feels really gentle when it´s massaged into the skin. It does take some help of a towel to get it all of again, but I love how soft my skin feels afterwards.
It´s the more gentle version of both exfoliators and is supposed to tighten your pores, make your skin look fresher, more even and fasten the production of new skin cells. I have to say since using this, especially my forehead has become a lot more even.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

This is definitely the pricier product, but makes my skin feel a hint more cleaner afterwards.
Maybe because the particles of this powder are a bit harder and after wetting it, it feels a lot more like an actually peeling, more than a gentle face cleanse.
 It contains mostly the same ingredients, but also things like green tea for soothing and brightening the skin, grapefruit to even out the skin pigmentation and is made on a rice-basis for glowy skin. If you use it frequently every single day, you´ll notice a difference really fast. Your skin will look fresher, but I also find that my skin is more capable of really soaking up my night moisturizer, and I´m not left with an oil film the next morning.
This is my second bottle and surely not the last one!

Have you ever used a powder exfoliator?

BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig