26/06/2017

The Wedding Guest Makeup Edit

The Wedding Guest Makeup Edit
Wedding season has begun, whoop!
I absolutely love weddings, I guess it´s just the feeling of love all around and being able to style yourself more glamorous than you would ever be.
It was absolutely hot that day, so I was very worried in the morning what products I should use in the end, as I wanted to stay as matte as possible.
From the pictures I think I´ve made a pretty good choice...

As a base I used the Benefit Porefessional Primer, with the L´Oreal Perfect Match Foundation on top, well I´m sure you are pretty bored of this combo now, but it´s just a dreamy combo! The foundation has a lovely coverage, and stays in place, when it´s set properly, all day. I don´t really need to say anything about the primer, do I? It is out of this world amazing, my absolute holy-grail for every probably, hahah, bye bye pores!
To also hide that darker area under my eyes, I´ve reached for another favourite of mine, the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, it has medium buildable coverage and blends in really natural.
Now for the setting part, the most important part on that day, I put all my trust into the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Simply because it´s the bomb at keeping oil at bay and it´s so fine that you can barely see it, even after several application. The one thing I did differently this time was, for application I didn´t use a brush, but a sponge.
I know, a lot of people absolutely hate this, but since I´ve tried it on the wedding day, I have found it works soooo good with this powder! I simply put a small flat makeup sponge into the powder, circle it in the powder and lightly press the powder into my skin.
The finish is amazing, completely matte, without looking cakey...
Give this powder a try with a sponge and let me know what you think of it :)
To round the base up and bring some life onto my face, I´ve used the NARS Laguna Bronzer under my (nonexistent) cheekbones, around my forehead and on my jaw.
The Wedding Guest Makeup Edit
For the eyes, I firstly went for the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Potion to prime my oily eyelids, then I went for the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette, I feel like this palette should be used for events where love is involved, hahaha.
Like the shades are simply so warm toned, and mostly red/rose/caramel toned and for some reason this just reminds me of love.
Well, I used Antique Bronze, a brown shade with a purple undertone, in the crease and Vermeer, a pinky/champagne glitter, on my lid, really simple, a bit smokey daytime look.
I originally wanted to wear false lashes, which I couldn´t stick on, I really tried but these little things used up all my patience... so instead I went for the best mascara so far, the
L´Oreal Telescopic Mascara. I just love how long this mascara makes my lashes look, without making them crispy hard like most other mascaras do. It´s not available to buy in Germany, but I already ordered a new one from FeelUnique, that´s how much I love this mascara,haha!
After doing my eyemakeup, I moved onto the brows, where I used the Smashbox Brow Tech To-Go, it´s waterproof and easy to use and achieve perfectly defined brows.

On my lips, I wanted to wear something that would easily last through some drinking and eating. I knew for sure I wanted to go for a nude lip as in case it didn´t last as long, I wouldn´t be left with lipstick only at the edges of my lips, ugh an absolute pet peeve of mine, haha.
In the end I went for a NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm, a beautiful nude with a warmer/rose undertone, it´s really comfortable to wear, has a stunning finish and just fit so well with my whole look.


What makeup look do you tend to go for weddings? Natural or more glamorous?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig