29/04/2016

3 Empties And Their Similar/Dupe Replacements

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara & the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara; Smashbox BrowTech To Go & NYX Micro Brow Pencil; Maybelline Baby Skin & Benefit The Porefessional Primer
Running out of your favourite products is a really horrible experience, but running out of high end products that you once got as a treat for yourself is something I don´t want anyone to experience (okay I´m being a little dramatic here). Anyway hitting pan or emptying your favourite products calls for starting the hunt for the ultimate similar that will hopefully be just as good as the "original" or is even better, but just for a fraction of the price.
I collected 3 products that I (nearly) ran out of and think I found quite good similars of (I upgraded on one product but you´ll see in a minute).

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara & the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Close Up
Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara (10€) as a dupe for the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (25€)
I might have said often enough how much I adore the roller lash mascara. It just does everything that I looked for in a mascara, it added length, holds a curl throughout the whole day, the formula is not too sticky and it´s easy to apply. Now that it´s empty, I´m absolutely gutted, but for now spending 20€ on a mascara is too much for someone who needs to save money for their prom. After trying some other mascaras I found one that I could happily use until I´m able to treat myself again, it´s the Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara! Even though the brush is straight and the formula is a lot wetter than the Benefit´s one I really like this mascara. I do had to get used to it as it´s a bit tricky to apply it without getting your lashes to stick together, but now that I got the hang of it I love it! It also adds length, is really black and since it´s that wet you can easily curl your lashes throughout the day with pushing your finger lightly against it (sounds weird but works sometimes)
Smashbox BrowTech To Go & NYX Micro Brow Pencil Close Up
Upgraded the NYX MicroBrow Pencil (10€) to the Smashbox BrowTech To Go Pencil (25€)
I ran out of my NYX MicroBrow pencil sooner than I thought I would, I had it for about 4 months before nothing came up while I tried to twist it up. I already reviewed it on here but I´ll just tell you quickly about it. On one side you´ve got a spooly brush and on the other side you´ve got a really thin and small waxy-textury pencil that you should use with a light hand and maybe also just for outlining your brows instead of fully filling them in (I find my brows get really waxy when I fill them in with it). Now that it is empty I was lucky enough that my sister had the Smashbox BrowTech To Go in one of her drawers which she didn´t want to use anymore. It´s double the price but also soo much better! Again you´ve got a waxy waterproof(!) pencil on one end, which is a lot softer and more pigmented than the NYX one. You should use it with a light hand, but once you´ve done that you get lovely filled brows. On the other end of the pencil you´ve got the fixing gel with a tiny brush, this gel works soo good and really keeps your brows in place the whole day :)
Upgrading to it was a really good choice :)
Maybelline Baby Skin & Benefit The Porefessional Primer Close Up
Maybelline Baby Skin Primer (9€) as a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional Primer (34€)
My relationship with the Porefessional Primer was definitely not love at first sight, but more love at third or fourth sight. Don´t ask me why but I found that it made no difference to what my makeup looked like, but now that I apply a bit more to every part of my face where my pores are the largest I can see the difference, they completely dissapear after I put foundation on top leaving my skin looking even and nice. The texture is also really lovely, not too oily, easy to work in and doesn´t smell that bad either. I´m nearly out of it now (sadly) and went to back to my very first favourite primer, the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer. It doesn´t hide my pores as well as the pricier primer but it does a really good job as a drugstore dupe. The only thing, that I can´t really warm up with, is the really oily texture. After putting some onto my fingers and rubbing it into my skin my hands are really oily and so is the tube, it comes in. Also I do have to let it sink in a little longer but it´s not something that I find particulary bad.

Have you discovered any dupes?
What are the products you would happily spend every penny on?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig