21/02/2016

My 4 All Time Favourite Mascaras

4 All Time Favourite Mascaras
Bobbi Brown, Maybelline, Benefit Mascaras
Mascara has to be one of my favourite makeup items. Simply because it can completely change the way your makeup looks! Remember how scary it looks when you´re done filling in your brows and it looks like you took a sharpie and drew on two thick lines? Mascara evens that out and moves the attention from your brows to your eyes, that look a lot bigger and even better ,if I´m allowed to say so, with the right mascara.
We all know how many different mascaras there are on the market, and they all have different purposes, voluminous lashes, longer lashes, spider lashes, etc. 
I tested a good amount of different ones and have now picked my 4 all time favourites that I would immediatly pick up again.

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eyes Mascara & Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara (30€)
As you can probably see I only got a sample version of this a while ago, as I have never tried a Bobbi Brown product before and thought a Mascara for only 8€ at that time was a good way to start. When I hear Smokey Eye Mascara I imagine something that puts a lot of volume to my lashes and makes them look really dark and thick. That´s not quite what happens, it more seperate my lashes and add length to them. However this mascara is probably the best for my lower lashes! I always struggeled with finding a mascara whose brush is easy to work with on the lower lashes, and this one definitely is. I laugh quite a lot during the day as I´m one of those people that laugh at literally everything, (weird fact about me here) so another important thing that I was looking for is that it doesn´t smudge and doesn´t leave me with my mascara on my under-eye area, and this one also stays in place all day.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (13€)
We all know and also (almost?) all love this mascara. It is just amaaazing! I have the normal and the waterproof version of it and both are worth trying out, also they both have the same finish. As we all know it´s a dupe version of the Benefit Roller Lash and as you can see I tried both, the only difference between them is that with the Lash Sensational I have to use a lash curler to get the full effect. Apart from that it add loads of volume and length to my lashes so I´m left with black thick and long lashes that don´t smudge at all! You can see in my close up that it´s brush is curved which makes it even easier to apply it. When I´m too much in a rush I skip the Bobbi Brown Mascara and use the Lash Sensational also on my bottom lashes.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara & Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Mascara
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (22€)
This mascara is my one true love and saviour for when my bed was a bit too comfortable and didn´t let me get up. No need for a lash curler as this one makes the job for curling my lashes really good! Besides that it also adds a bit of volume to my lashes. The look I go out with is then really natural but still like I put some work in this step. I also really like the curved brush, just like the LashSensational, it makes it really easy to apply, whether on the upper or bottom lashes. The price is the only thing that makes me cringe a bit as I´m sure as a pupil you´re not very likely to have enough money left that you can easily spend 20€ on a mascara. It is definitely a nice pretty little thing to treat yourself with though!
(I compared this Mascara and the Lash Sensational Mascara which you can read here)

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Mascara (12€)
The newest addition to my little collection is the The Falsies Mascara. I have seen it all over Twitter and thought I would give it a try as they said it would make your lashes look like falsies and also that you wouldn´t have to use a curler as the brushes pushes your lashes up. First off, I have to use a curler because since the texture of it is really wet and sits kinda heavy on my lashes which would make them stay straight forward if I wouldn´t curl them before. Once I´ve done that though I apply it very carefully and I probably never had thicker and blacker lashes before with any other mascara. I wouldn´t say they look like falsies but it´s good for a night out where you don´t necessarily want to wear false lashes.

What is your favourite Mascara?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I adore the Maybelline lash sensational mascara it is amazing!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting :)
      It really is amazing! x

      Delete
  2. Love lash sensational just like every other person on this planet haha!
    www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blogpost!
    I can't get on with the benefit roller lash! I think I have been using it wrong!

    I love my benefit they're real though!

    Francesca xxx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting :)
      Could be haha, I use it with the curved side facing upwards.
      I´ve heard great things about that Mascara too! x

      Delete
  4. I love the Roller lash! The brush is amazing! I think Benefit's they're real mascara is great as well. Those rubbery brushes do an amazing job at seperating my lashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting :)
      I love that mascara so unbelievably much! It is so good for when you don´t have enough time in the morning or simply don´t want to put that much effort in your lashes but still look good haha! x

      Delete
  5. I've heard mixed reviews about the Push-up drama, I might give it a miss as I don't like wet formulas. The others all sound amazing, I also love curved brushes!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting :)
      I find it really wet, it could change a bit when I have used it more often but if you´re really not into that then you should rather not get that one haha! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig