03/09/2019

Beach Holiday Favourites - Hair, Makeup and Skincare

Beach Holiday Favourites
This year I spent my summer vacation in Crete.
Pure sun, beautiful sandy beach, good food and drinks, new impressions and every day about 30 degrees - an absolute dream!
I am completely honest, of course I try to take care of my skin and hair anyway, but in the heat sometimes more than a quick bun and a simple facial care is not possible. Now, in hindsight, I think it may have been because of the products I used mostly - or the combination of products.
For the holidays I want to have a quick and easy routine that I can stick to.

This year I have finally discovered some really good products and I would like to show them to you now.

Hair

Davines Oi Oil

I have relatively thick, long hair, which also likes to puff up in high heat or humidity. Therefore I take great care not to heat them up during my holidays and therefore rarely use straightening irons or curling irons, the highest of all feelings is drying with a hairdryer. As care for this I use the GHD heat protection spray and the Davines Oi Oil.
I first became aware of this brand at a blogger event, and I haven't gotten away from it since. The Oi series is really awesome!
I put the oil into the towel-dried hair before I start blow-drying. About 2-3 pumpers are enough for the complete length of my hair.
The main ingredient is Roucou oil - this has a restructuring effect on the hair, supports growth, protects against UV rays and gives an anti-frizz effect without weighing down the hair. The anti-frizz effect is particularly important for me - there are holiday pictures there you would think I have a bird's nest on my head haha - well, that's not what I'm looking for now, and this oil makes my hair very smooth, soft and smells so pleasant too.

So really very recommendable!

Umberto Giannini Pool Proof

During the day a simple sun protection oil or spray is not enough, so I like to use this leave-in cream. In the beginning I had doubts whether such a cream would make my hair look greasy, but this is not the case at all. The cream absorbs super fast and is hardly noticeable afterwards.
This product protects the hair from drying out due to heat, sunlight AND chlorine, mega or? Therefore it should always be reapplied after swimming. The main ingredients here are coconut and olive oils, so it smells great and especially summery. Apart from protecting my hair, it has also given it so much moisture, so it was so much easier to brush through them throughout the day and also style it in the evening, therefore it also looked a lot better and more smooth.
  It is really the first sun protection product that convinced me, that I liked to use and that will be my faithful friend for trips to the lake or generally in everyday life in summer.
I found it by chance at TKMaxx for 5€, so it's worth to have a look there, but it should also be available at Boots.
Beach Holiday Favourites

Skincare

Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Body Butter

I'm quite honest, I'm usually too lazy to apply cream after every shower, but what I like even less is when the skin slowly comes off and the tan becomes less and less. So far I have mostly used After Sun Body Lotions, which are more watery and therefore, in my opinion, don't really provide much moisture in the long run - which was probably also the reason why I didn´t like to use them.
This body butter, on the other hand, is, as the name suggests, very creamy!
It is very easy to spread, you really only need a small amount, it´s very moisturizing and smells sooo good of coconut and vanilla.
These little white skin scraps, which stick everywhere quickly after your holiday, went away quite easily with this body butter and, most importantly, stayed away.

In the meantime we have already bought the second tin and won't change to any other body butter/cream/lotion so quickly, haha.

Caudalie Sun Oil

In my opinion one gets tanned much faster and more beautifully with sun oil.
Normally I use one from the drugstore, but this year it was time for a branded product, and I must say I am absolutely thrilled!
This oil smells abnormally good because it contains ingredients like grape seed oil and frangipani flower, so it smells very fresh and summery!
This dry oil can be rubbed in very well and absorbs mega quickly. I hate it when you have oily hands after oiling and then can't touch anything, that's not the case here at all - even the body skin is not oily or greasy at all after application!
It has a SPF of 30 and although I am a really light skin type, I didn't have any problems with sunburn here, of course you should take it slowly but it worked really well from the beginning on. I also got a lot of compliments that I never came back so tanned from my holidays, and that has to mean something hahaha.
What I think is really very cool is that Caudalie doesn't use any ingredients of animal origin and the formula of this sun oil has a high biodegradability and therefore also protects the sea world - really amazing, I haven't heard about any other product I've used so far.

Maria Galland After Sun Maske

I love face masks. By now there are a lot of After Sun masks but this one from Maria Galland really tops everyone!
You probably all know that when you get red cheeks from the sun and your skin is a little tight and dry - that was the case with me and then I tried this mask.
Within a very short time, the redness and tension was gone!
The mask cools very much and feels super comfortable, I leave it on for about 20 minutes and even after washing off a light film remains on the skin and thus still provides some moisture afterwards.
This mask has an anti-aging effect and maintains melanin production, which intensifies the tan even more and keeps it longer. Ingredients include aloe vera, green tea extract and jojoba oil, so you can't go wrong.

I will definitely buy this product again and again!
Beach Holiday Favourites

Makeup

Maybelline City Bronzer & Becca Highlighter

I keep my makeup to a minimum on vacation. I also like to use the holiday time to give my skin a break and I generally find that you automatically get a natural glow and a beautiful complexion during the holiday, which makes most makeup products no longer necessary.
 Since I still had my eyelash extension this holiday, I didn't need a mascara, so all I used occasionally was the BECCA highlighter in Opal to bring an extra freshness to my face. I've had this highlighter for a really long time and love it so much, the shine is really strong so I don't use much for a relatively natural look.
To support my teint a little bit and to give my face some contour, I recently started using the Maybelline City Bronzer in Medium Cool. For a drugstore Bronzer it is very good - the pigmentation is perfect to build up and it can be easily blended.

Now and then I also used a lip gloss or just a tinted lip care.

What are your summer favourites? Have you maybe already tried some of mine?

BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FACEBOOK
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig